What skills and experience do I need?
- We all use mentoring skills in our everyday relationships, and being able to listen in a non judgemental fashion is essential.
- You also need to be encouraging, supportive and positive, and to want to help people who may have significant issues.
- The process may not always run smoothly, so you need to be determined, reliable and able to work within agreed boundaries.
- You will receive comprehensive training which tells you everything you need to know, and gives you the opportunity to practice your mentoring skills.
- You will require an enhanced level CRB check before you can start working as a mentor.